[rt-users] Assigning rights to groups for queues

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Tue Sep 6 15:23:56 EDT 2016

Hey Alex,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Alex Hall <ahall at autodist.com> wrote:
> That's okay, let me ask it this way. If I give a group rights in a queue, I
> enter the group's name and select it from the list of matches.

Correct.

 When I do
> that, the group appears as a tab, next to CC, Admin CC, Requestor, and all
> the other tabs.

Let's stop here and clarify things a bit. When you type a group and
select it, one of two things happen:

1. RT knows if that group has been granted rights. If the group typed
in and selected has granted rights, it displays the tab with that
group. Note: there would have already been a tab with that group
loaded in the page. Thus, RT uses JS to display that tab.

or

2. RT knows that the group has not been granted any rights for this
queue and it uses the "Add Group" "tab" to grant rights for the
dynamically loaded group to the statically listed rights.

 When I toggle the checkboxes and hit 'save', that last tab
> that had the selected group's name on it is gone.

Correct.

 Is it somewhere else on
> the screen that I'm missing, or do I have to re-select the group after every
> time I save any changes I've made?

It is somewhere else on the screen after clicking save and the page
reloads. Its name is placed with the other custom groups that have
rights granted for this queue. The "Add Group" tab is now freed up to
allow additional dynamic groups to be granted rights.

However, you do not need to (re)select it, the page load already has
it selected as that was the group you were last granting rights to.

-m