[rt-users] Best way to email members of group on ticket creation?

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Tue Sep 6 15:55:20 EDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Alex Hall <ahall at autodist.com> wrote:
> Yet another question. :) As I mentioned before, I have a setup where the
> Graphics queue has two groups: graphics_staff and graphics_admins. I added
> the rights on each group from within the queue's 'group rights' section, so
> that should grant group members those rights in that queue.
>
> What I want to do now is have all queue members receive an email whenever a
> new ticket is created.

Sure.

 This way, members will get notified anytime their
> queue gets a new task added to it. I looked into doing this with a script,
> but didn't find a way of sending emails to groups. At least, not without
> using custom code, which I doubt I'm up to at this stage. I saw a lot about
> CCs and Admin CCs, and am wondering if that's the best way to go.

It is.

 If it is,
> how would I make members of a given group adopt those roles automatically?

Admin -> Queues -> Select -> Watchers

Enter the group name "graphics" to the group search. Click Go.

The results will be at the bottom of the page and you can assign
watcher roles to the groups. Then click Save Changes.

> For instance, say the best solution is to have graphics_staff be CCs, and
> graphics_admins be admin CCs. That way they all get the emails through the
> default scripts. How do I set things up so that members of those two groups
> are made the right CCs when added to the group?

That part happens behind the scene.

-m