[rt-users] Moving entire RT instance between two servers?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed Sep 7 08:04:42 EDT 2016

Hi all,
I'm waiting for my work to set up a Debian server locally. In the meantime
I continue to expand and use my test instance, which is on my own Digital
Ocean server. When we have the local Debian server ready, is there any way
for me to move the entire database from my server to the new one at work,
along with the other configuration, fetchmailrc, and any other files? Or is
overriding files and databases a recipe for disaster, and I'd be better off
re-doing everything on the new server?

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department