[rt-users] Outgoing HTML mail part 2

raymond.teunissen at kpn.com raymond.teunissen at kpn.com
Fri Sep 9 05:44:28 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm currently working on e-mailtemplates to make our outgoing mail to be sent in HTML. I want to be able to set a certain font, fontsize and use a logo in the signature. So far everything works just the way I want it, except for one thing. When a message is received in Microsoft Outlook, it breaks down my styles. It reverts the font back to Times New Roman, and it also doesn't seem to care about fontsizes (although I'm not very sure about that yet). This is the template I'm currently using:

From: KPN Abuse Team <abuse at kpnmail.nl>
RT-Attach-Message: yes

                                               {$Transaction->Content(Type => 'text/html')}

  Met vriendelijke groet,<br /><br />
  Raymond<br />

I've been searching the interwebs a lot on this issue, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Some say you have to add the style information in the <p>-tags  on every line of text (which is not really the solution I'm looking for), or you need to put the code posted below in the code of the e-mail:

<!--[if mso]>
body, table, td {font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif !important;}
<![endif]-->

The problem there is that if I put this code in my template, just above the Transaction content, RT is saying this: "Couldn't compile template codeblock 'font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif !important;': syntax error at template line 7"

Is there an easy way to fix this?

Thanks!

Raymond