[rt-users] Database again stuck at SQLite?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Tue Sep 13 07:07:11 EDT 2016

Hello all,
I emailed last week asking a lot of questions, among them how to get my RT installation over to MySQL instead of SQLite3. Having moved to a company server, I'm again configuring RT, and I'm again stuck here. During the install, I accidentally hit enter at the database prompt rather than first hitting M. I figured I could change it later, so wasn't worried about it, especially as I'm now comfortable with how to update settings in RT.

Yet, I can't seem to manage it. I've gone into RT_SiteConfig.d51dbconfig-common and made the changes, then issued
update-rt-siteconfig
and gotten confirmation that my configuration file was replaced, but the log continues to show that RT is trying to connect to SQLite. I've also restarted the RT service, and there's no server to restart since this database error kills the FCGI server immediately after it spawns. I've even restarted Nginx, though it shouldn't make a difference. I know there's a command to re-run the database configuration wizard, but I can't find it anywhere.

Two things, then. What's the command to re-configure the database settings, and why might changing them in RT_SiteConfig.d and then running update-rt-siteconfig not make the changes I want? Thanks!