[rt-users] Changing logo, and viewing *all* tickets?

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Thu Sep 15 09:54:58 EDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 7:35 AM, Alex Hall <ahall at autodist.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> A couple questions from my boss that I don't know how to answer: can I
> change the logo and link that appears at the top of all RT pages? He wants
> it to be our logo and the link to go to our homepage.

Yep.

See $LogoURL and $LogoLinkURL

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/RT_Config.html

> The other question is about viewing tickets. As the head of the company, he
> wants, quite understandably, to have a way of viewing all open tickets
> regardless of queue. I've given the admins group all the permissions I could
> find, and added him to that, so he should have whatever rights are needed to
> do this. Yet, neither of us can find a way to bring up such a view. Tickets
> in which he is involved, sure, but not *every* active ticket in RT. Is there
> an easy way, or will have I have to make a special group that is admin CC on
> all tickets? I'd rather not, since that would give him a ton of unwanted
> emails.

This can be just a saved search. It is quite easy:

Status = '__Active__'

Using the meta status __Active__ will be a bit more robust than just
"open". Though if that is what you really want, then go ahead with
'open'.

He can load the saved search in his home page, or any dashboard, for
that matter.

-m