[rt-users] RT upgrade or clean installation? (Debian)

Aaron Zuercher aaron.techgeeks at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 09:40:35 EDT 2016

I have migrated RT to a new box/OS multiple times in our years of use.
What I do is spin up a VM with my OS of choice and install the exact same
version of RT as my old server.   I then dump the DB and import into the
new server and verify data is correct and RT is operational.    Lastly, I
proceed with the upgrade to the latest version of RT.  It has always been
pretty painless but I don't have a lot of customization in RT.

Aaron