[rt-users] RT on Debian not including from info in outgoing emails

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Tue Sep 20 11:00:52 EDT 2016

Hello list,
I think I know why mail hasn't been working on my Debian server: there's no
'from' header set, and I don't know why. If I send myself an email with the
mail command, I get it, but it's from "root at domain.com <>", meaning the
sender's information is absent. When RT sends emails, it looks to be doing
the same thing, which explains my problem. Has anyone ever seen this
happen? How do I get RT to properly insert the correct queue's email
address into outgoing emails? I must be missing something simple. Thanks.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com