[rt-users] Not creating a user on CC

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Wed Sep 21 11:05:24 EDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Thierry Thelliez
<thierry.thelliez.tech at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Under RT 4.2, is it possible to not automatically create a user from the CC
> field?

It is possible to create a user - that has an email address as a
"name". RT uses the field "name" to mean username.

I just tested it on my 4.2 test system and it works.

> We would like that the CCed users receive emails from ticket correspondance
> without creating for class user accounts.
>
> In one email thread from 2015, I saw the reference to a variable:
> AutoCreateNonExternalUsers.  I am not entirely sure that this is what I
> need, but that does not seem to be available in 4.2, correct?

AutoCreateNonExternalUsers makes it sound like it auto creates local
users - I'm not sure how that applies here.

Perhaps that config variable is for an extension or extra module.

-m