[rt-users] Enabling extensions in RT4.2.8?

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Fri Sep 23 16:06:30 EDT 2016

Hey Alex,

I may have gotten the RTHOME incantation wrong. I just ran the install
on my Debian system and here is the output:

% cd /tmp

% wget https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/B/BP/BPS/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString-1.04.tar.gz
--2016-09-23 15:00:25--
https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/B/BP/BPS/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString-1.04.tar.gz
Resolving cpan.metacpan.org (cpan.metacpan.org)... 151.101.44.129
Connecting to cpan.metacpan.org
(cpan.metacpan.org)|151.101.44.129|:443... connected.
Length: 36285 (35K) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: ‘RT-Extension-PriorityAsString-1.04.tar.gz’

RT-Extension-PriorityAsString
100%[===============================================>]  35.43K
--.-KB/s    in 0.02s

2016-09-23 15:00:25 (1.91 MB/s) -
‘RT-Extension-PriorityAsString-1.04.tar.gz’ saved [36285/36285]

% tar xfz RT-Extension-PriorityAsString-1.04.tar.gz

% cd RT-Extension-PriorityAsString-1.04

% RTHOME=/usr/share/request-tracker4 perl Makefile.PL
Using RT configuration from /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT.pm:
html       => /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/html
lib        => /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/lib
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Generating a Unix-style Makefile
Writing Makefile for RT::Extension::PriorityAsString
Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json

% make
cp lib/RT/Extension/PriorityAsString.pm
blib/lib/RT/Extension/PriorityAsString.pm
Manifying 1 pod document

% make test
No tests defined for RT::Extension::PriorityAsString extension.

% sudo make install
Manifying 1 pod document
Installing /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/lib/RT/Extension/PriorityAsString.pm
Installing /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/man/man3/RT::Extension::PriorityAsString.3pm
Appending installation info to
/usr/local/share/request-tracker4/man/perllocal.pod
Installing /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/html/Elements/SelectPriorityAsString
Installing /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/html/Elements/SelectPriority
Installing /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/html/Callbacks/PriorityAsString/Search/Elements/PickBasics/Default
Installing /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/html/Callbacks/PriorityAsString/Elements/RT__Ticket/ColumnMap/Once
Installing /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/html/Callbacks/PriorityAsString/Ticket/Elements/EditBasics/MassageFields
Installing /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/html/Ticket/Elements/ShowPriority

% tree /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString
/usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString
├── html
│   ├── Callbacks
│   │   └── PriorityAsString
│   │       ├── Elements
│   │       │   └── RT__Ticket
│   │       │       └── ColumnMap
│   │       │           └── Once
│   │       │   └── Elements
│   │       │       └── PickBasics
│   │       └── Ticket
│   │           └── Elements
│   │               └── EditBasics
│   │                   └── MassageFields
│   ├── Elements
│   │   ├── SelectPriority
│   │   └── SelectPriorityAsString
│   └── Ticket