[rt-users] O365/Fetchmail

Joel Bergmark joel.bergmark at t3.se
Mon Sep 26 09:28:50 EDT 2016

Hi all

Have searched tons about Fetchmail/o365 but to no avail, we are migrating to Office 365 but still have the exchange on-premise for RT to work. Just want to get out the question, has anyone here managed to IMAP a Shared Mailbox in O365 into RT?  Also read this but no solution: https://quornicus.wordpress.com/2016/01/08/fetchmail-office-365-configuration-rt/

poll serverdomainname.here
protocol IMAP
auth password**
user "local.domain\\user-credentials\\shared-mailboxname"
pass "secretpassword"
mda "/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue Testqueue  --action correspond --url http://rt.domainname" keep

Error: Authorization failure.

I have also tried to use SSL but fetchmail debug gives same error, even when trying to imap the users mailbox. We have a consultant doing this migration for us to O365, but not even them have managed to come around this issue. In my fetchmailconf file I have 15 working boxes that I'm polling, but only o365 is not working.

fetchmail: outlook.office365.com key fingerprint: 3A:A4:58:42:56:CD:BD:11:19:5B:CF:1E:85:16:8E:4D
fetchmail: outlook.office365.com fingerprints match.
fetchmail: IMAP< * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [SABFADEAUABSADAANgBDAEEAMAAwADcANgAuAGUAdQByAHAAcgBkADAANgAuAHAAcgBvAGQALgBvAHUAdABsAG8AbwBrAC4AYwBvAG0A]
fetchmail: IMAP> A0001 CAPABILITY
fetchmail: IMAP< * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 SASL-IR UIDPLUS MOVE ID UNSELECT CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
fetchmail: IMAP< A0001 OK CAPABILITY completed.
fetchmail: Protocol identified as IMAP4 rev 1
fetchmail: GSSAPI error gss_inquire_cred: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
fetchmail: GSSAPI error gss_inquire_cred: No Kerberos credentials available
fetchmail: No suitable GSSAPI credentials found. Skipping GSSAPI authentication.
fetchmail: If you want to use GSSAPI, you need credentials first, possibly from kinit.
fetchmail: IMAP> A0002 LOGIN "local.domain\\user-credential" *
fetchmail: IMAP< A0002 NO LOGIN failed.
fetchmail: Authorization failure on local.domain\user-credential at outlook-emeawest.office365.com
fetchmail: For help, see http://www.fetchmail.info/fetchmail-FAQ.html#R15
fetchmail: IMAP> A0003 LOGOUT
fetchmail: IMAP< * BYE Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 IMAP4 server signing off.
fetchmail: IMAP< A0003 OK LOGOUT completed.
fetchmail: 6.3.26 querying outlook.office365.com (protocol IMAP) at Mon 26 Sep 2016 03:13:44 PM CEST: poll completed
Merged UID list from outlook.office365.com: <empty>

Thankful of any input on this, will post solution when found.