[rt-users] rt-mailgate in lab environment stopped working

Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) SJC at qvii.com
Tue Feb 7 14:04:19 EST 2017

Ok; I figured out what it is but I don't know why.

"Time Management for System Administrators" - page 30 "Some general advice" - #7 - "The strangest problems often turn out to be misconfigured DNS."

If I use the IP address for the server versus the FQDN, tickets flow in perfectly. If I use the FQDN of the server, it breaks.

It's bizarre: DNS appears to be functioning properly  in the test environment, but clearly based on this discovery it isn't.

I'll consider this "solved" as this is more than likely my own d#mn fault.

Stephen Cena
Senior Systems Administrator
Quality Vision International, Inc.
Phone: (585) 544-0450 x300