[rt-users] Queues Categories and Custom Fields

spence spence at soidog.org
Tue Feb 7 21:18:39 EST 2017

Hi,

I am just setting up a new install of RT and configuring Queues and Custom
Fields and I am curious about best practices for doing this.

For a given Queue, I would like to be able to define a Category for that
Queue and then have specific Custom Fields based on the Queue -> Category.

Is this possible?

For instance for the "Helpdesk" queue, I could have 10 / 20 Categories that
each have a different set of Custom Fields.

I would rather not have a queue for each Category.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Spence