[rt-users] Pre-configure users "RT At A Glance" with specific elements - Default Dashboards?

Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) SJC at qvii.com
Mon Feb 13 10:53:41 EST 2017

We have an instance of RT that is shared across three departments.  Each department only needs to be able to see specific queues. Due to the way permissions work in RT, all the queues are visible. My idea to fix the "display" problem is to rewrite some of the widgets to only include the desired queues (ex: 10 unonwned now is 10 tickets unowned in queues I should see). Is there a way that I can pre-populate my users "RT At A Glance" with specific elements that are germane to the specific user? (Dept A user gets widgets A-J, Dept B gets A-D,K, etc) or can I create custom Dashboards and somehow instruct RT to use them as the "home screen"?

Thanks!

Stephen Cena
Senior Systems Administrator
Quality Vision International, Inc.