[rt-users] Pre-configure users "RT At A Glance" with specific elements - Default Dashboards?

Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) SJC at qvii.com
Mon Feb 13 12:21:35 EST 2017

Let me try to explain a little better how we're set up:

We have 3 departments: Service A, Service B and Service C. The model the departments opted for was a 'dispatch' queue for all incoming tickets, and then the tickets get transferred to a work queue.
Service A has 2 dispatch queues and 1 work queue.
Service B has 3 dispatches queues and 8 work queues
Service C has 1 dispatch queue and 1 work queue.

The mandate from management is they want anyone with an active account inside RT to be able to view any ticket in any queue. So my "Employee" group has to include the members of Service A B and C which is causing the problem.

What I'm trying to do is create either dashboards or stock RT At A Glance per user so 95% of the time they only can see the things they can "work" on.

Does that help or have I muddied it more?

Stephen Cena
Senior Systems Administrator
Quality Vision International, Inc.
Phone: (585) 544-0450 x300