[rt-users] Onetime CC are giving an internal error

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 19:00:33 EST 2017

> We are running rt-4.4.0 and just noticed that selecting a One-time Cc
> gives an internal error in the Scrips and Recipients block.
> The error is:
>
> [9625] [Thu Apr  7 12:37:48 2016] [warning]: Use of uninitialized value in split at /opt/rt4/share/html/Helpers/PreviewScrips line 81. (/opt/rt4/share/html/Helpers/PreviewScrips:81)
> [9625] [Thu Apr  7 12:37:48 2016] [error]: Operation "eq": no method found,
>          left argument has no overloaded magic,
>          right argument in overloaded package Email::Address at /opt/rt4/share/html/Helpers/PreviewScrips line 115.

http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2016-April/087217.html

I've been seeing this error since the release of 4.4.  It was mentioned
here on the list, and at the time I thought a fix would surely make its
way down the pipeline.  Sadly, I haven't seen one, so I found the error
and fixed it the other day.  If this is causing your users to miss
replies to tickets, the issue is fairly simple to fix.  The attached
patch corrects the problem by quoting a variable that has overloaded
operators, so that it's treated like a string.  I've also sent this
patch to rt-devel.