[rt-users] RT 4 on Amazon EC2

Peter Nikolaidis petern at paradigmcc.com
Wed Feb 22 07:09:36 EST 2017

Sorry- too quick with the send button. I did have to add a separate swap partition because my instance was indeed running out of memory. I also was not able to quickly get fcgi working, so I just moved on with standard Apache2. I am using the Amazon Ubuntu AMI.
Peter

--
Peter Nikolaidis, CISSP, GCFE, GCIH, GPPA, GSNA
http://ParadigmCC.com

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 2:11 PM -0500, "François Meehan" <fmeehan at vuwall.com> wrote:

Hi,
I have restored a production instance of RT to an Amazon EC2 t2.small virtual machine. It has 2 Gig of RAM.
I can’t get Apache with Mod_FCGI to work but RT will run ok when using the stand alone server.

There are no error message to help.
One particularity of EC2 is that is does not have a memory Swap file configured. I wonder if this can cause the issue.
Has anyone successful at running RT 4 on EC2?
Thanks in advance,
--

                        François MEEHAN
IT Administrator