[rt-users] RT 4 on Amazon EC2

Landon Stewart lstewart at internap.com
Wed Feb 22 12:18:11 EST 2017

On Feb 22, 2017, at 4:09 AM, Peter Nikolaidis <petern at paradigmcc.com<mailto:petern at paradigmcc.com>> wrote:

Sorry- too quick with the send button. I did have to add a separate swap partition because my instance was indeed running out of memory. I also was not able to quickly get fcgi working, so I just moved on with standard Apache2. I am using the Amazon Ubuntu AMI.

Is there any interesting output from the command 'dmesg'?  Interesting messages might include 'signal 13' or other things related to memory issues.

Also what multi-processing module are you using?  Check the output of 'httpd -V' for the 'Server MPM' line.  It should be prefork and you should tune the configuration of that to use less resources if not already done.

--
Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management