[rt-users] no alert for invalid mail addresses

Petr Hanousek phanousk at civ.zcu.cz
Thu Jan 5 10:59:24 EST 2017

Thank you Matt, this will also help. BTW, for the curiosity, the "Merge
with an alternate user" option behaves the same way like
http://search.cpan.org/~bps/RT-Extension-MergeUsers/lib/RT/Extension/MergeUsers.pm
or does it have some extra functionality?

But my main focus with this question was about to help that desperate
users who make that typos to realize, that no mail will come to the
intended recipient. Something like warning "Hey, this address is not
valid so your answer never reach anybody".

Imagine sending some info (like "downtime will occur next monday") to
multiple recipients and one of them has a typo like invalid domain in
his mail address. You feel safe that you've sent info to everybody
important but someone never receive that and surely will complain during
the unexpected downtime.

Petr