[rt-users] queue change still triggers old queue's scrips

Sebastian Juenemann jueneman at CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.de
Fri Jan 13 09:34:43 EST 2017

Hi List,

I hope you can help me on this topic since the online documentation won't me bring any further.

So in order to deal with our spam I've done the following:

1) added a new spam queue
2) created a new global scrip (according to the spamfilter 1b solution provided here:
https://rt-wiki.bestpractical.com/wiki/SpamFiltering)
3) set the order of the scrips so that this new scrip is executed first
4) overwritten all global templates with empty ones in the spam queue (so that in any case a global scrip still triggers
here now mail is actually send out)

What happens is that the spam scrip successfully re-queues all spam to the spam queue _but_ after that still an email is
sent to all of our AdminCC's according to a global scrip which enforces this: The scrip order is the following

      24     0 On Creat Check Spamassasin score and move to SPAM queue when exceeding threshold     User Defined
User Defined Blank     Enabled
      8     On Create Notify Owner and AdminCcs     On Create     Notify Owner and AdminCcs     Transaction in HTML
Enabled
     9     On Create Notify Ccs     On Create     Notify Ccs     Correspondence in HTML     Enabled
     10     On Create Notify Other Recipients     On Create     Notify Other Recipients     Correspondence in HTML
Enabled

I don't quite understand this. I thought that the scrips are executed in the order I define. But it seems like all
scrips that meet the condition on the Transaction type (in this case "Create") are marked for execution and then
processed in the given order. This would mean that there are only two ways I can prevent further scrips from
triggering/doing their job after the detection of spam by a) either modifying all global scrips or b) achieve that after
the queue change the ticket/transaction itself if invalid somehow (so that consecutive scrips won't be able to do
anything meaningful anymore).

As I don't want to alter our global scrips (they are global and and easy for some reason) I would like to know how I can
achieve solution b? It should be able that after the queue change to the SPAM queue any "on create" triggering scrip
"fails" - but I don't know how.

Many thanks in advance,

- Sebastian