[rt-users] MySQL backups of RT 4.4.1 truncated

Thomas Bätzler t.baetzler at bringe.com
Thu Jan 19 02:57:15 EST 2017

Hello Stephen,

just a stab in the dark, but could you please check the value set for
“max_allowed_packet” in the mysqldump section of /etc/mysql/my.cnf (or
whatever your my.cnf file is named)? If you try to dump mysql objects that
are larger than this size, mysqldump will stop; probably with a message like
“mysql server has gone away”. You can raise that value for mysqldump just by
editing that file; no server restart is required.

HTH,

Thomas Bätzler

--

BRINGE Informationstechnik GmbH

Zur Seeplatte 12

D-76228 Karlsruhe

Germany

Fon: +49 721 94246-0

Fon: +49 171 5438457

Fax: +49 721 94246-66

Web: http://www.bringe.de/

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Martin Bringe

Ust.Id: DE812936645, HRB 108943 Mannheim