[rt-users] MySQL backups of RT 4.4.1 truncated

Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) SJC at qvii.com
Mon Jan 30 14:08:15 EST 2017

It's fixed!!! Recap: large RT database (host Ubuntu 14.04LTS, database server MySQL 5.7.x on Windows Server 2012). Backup .sql files became truncated at ~18GB when the database is easily 20GB.

It looks like (for whatever reason) the max_allowed_packet option is not carrying over to the backup scripts. I re-wrote my backup options as:

-u USER -h HOST --max_allowed_packet=512M --single_transaction > output.sql

That solved it.

And I get a full backup of the file. Probably my own fault, but wanted to share the information. I'm now getting 19.5GB+ backups. Thanks to everyone!

Stephen Cena
Senior Systems Administrator
Quality Vision International, Inc.
Phone: (585) 544-0450 x300