[Rtfm-devel] administer rights for classes

Helge Hoese hoese at widemann.de
Thu Oct 27 05:14:29 EDT 2005

Hello,

we installed RT 3.4.4 and RT 2.0.4 at a debian box with mysql and
apache. All works fine, but I have some problems with rights for classes
in RT. OK a sample :
login as admin.
Inside RT change to RTFM and configuration.
Create two new classes named test1 and test2.
For my user-account I assigned the rights SeeClass, ShowArticle,
CreateArticle, ModifyArticle and ShowArticleHistory as user rights for
class test1 and only SeeClass as user rights for class test2.
Logout and login with my user-account.
Inside RT I see both classes and both are listed in  "create an article".
I can create an  new article  in test1 and test2 . The only difference
is : after  submitting the new article  in test2  I get the message "no
permissions to view article".
The error message is right, but why can I create an article. I have no
user right CreateArticle for test2.

Any hints to find the problem - or did I understand anything wrong ??

Thanks,
Helge