[Rtir] hello, and RTIR installation

Ulrich Kiermayr ulrich.kiermayr at univie.ac.at
Mon May 31 06:59:14 EDT 2004

Hi*,

> Also got lots of errors when installing the Whois::RIPE module. Looks like
> problems with the tests rather than the module itself.... Is this normal?

Yes it is ;-)

> Unfortunately we didn't realise this until after building rt & rtir - these
> are running on pgsql, and the RIPE whois db needs mysql. Sigh.

Ripes Whois does not work well with mysql 4.x anyway. (so haveing two is
not so bad after all)

> John - what whois software are you using at janet-cert?

Not John, but weh are useing RIPE's whois for our full IP Documentation
at Vienna University. But to do just an IP->Department lookup it _is_
overpowerd.

lG uk
--
Ulrich Kiermayr         Zentraler Informatikdienst der Universitaet Wien
Network - Security - ACOnet-CERT   Universitaetsstrasse 7, 1010 Wien, AT

eMail:      ulrich.kiermayr at univie.ac.at       Tel: (+43 1) 4277 / 14104
PGP Key-ID: 0xA8D764D8                         Fax: (+43 1) 4277 /  9140