[Rtir] linking incident-reports and investigations

Rudolph Pereira rudolph at usyd.edu.au
Tue Nov 2 17:31:00 EST 2004

Hello,

the current (as I understand it) workflow that RTIR has of

incident report -> incident -> investigation
(i.e incident being the parent, investigation and incident report being
children of the incident) works ok for most things, but not for what our
organisation considers one incident, e.g a campus-wide virus outbreak.

For those cases, it would be nice to be able to link incident-reports
and investigations/blocks, and have them as children of a single
incident. There are probably a number of code mods that need to be done
to do this (e.g allow an incident-report/investigation to be resolved
without resolving the parent incident, etc), so before I start
design/coding for this, does anyone have any suggestions on how this
could otherwise be done? Or pointers to what others are doing in this
case?

Any information about this would be appreciated.
Thanks