[Rtir] Question about RTIR installation. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem???

john.sloan at td.com john.sloan at td.com
Fri Nov 18 15:32:07 EST 2005

Hi, all.

I'm trying to get RTIR running for a demonstration and I've run into a few
problems.

I've installed RT 3.4.2 on Ubuntu 5.10 using the package listed in the RT
Wiki here: http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?UbuntuInstallGuide Next,
I downloaded the current RTIR version and tried to install it. I had to
make a few changes in the Makefile and install a few more perl modules.
Make file changes included the following. (Note that security is not an
issue at this time as it's only a demo.)

# This is the group that all of the installed files will be chgrp'ed to.
RTGROUP           =     root
# User which should own rt binaries.
BIN_OWNER         =     root
RT_ROOT           =     /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/
RT_HTML_PATH      =     $(RT_ROOT)/html
RT_SBIN_PATH      =     /usr/sbin
DBA               =     root
RTIR_CONFIG_FILE  =     /etc/request-tracker3.4/RTIR_Config.pm
TAG               =     rtir-1-0-5rc1

I've now reached the point where I can bring up and log into RTIR and I can
create an incident, but I get an error when I try to use most functions in
RTIR as follows. If I click on "Incidents", "Search" under "Incidents",
"Incident Reports", "Bulk Reject" or "Blocks", I only get:

error:      too many arguments at
/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/lib/RT/Tickets_Overlay.pm line 1269
context:
98:   # whether they should generate a full stack trace (confess() and
cluck())
99:   # or simply report the caller's package (croak() and carp()),
respectively.
100:        # confess() and croak() die, carp() and cluck() warn.
101:
102:        sub croak { die shortmess @_ }
103:        sub confess { die longmess @_ }
104:        sub carp { warn shortmess @_ }
105:        sub cluck { warn longmess @_ }
106:
code stack:       /usr/share/perl/5.8/Carp.pm:102
../../lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into
../../lib/auto/Storable/logcroak.al):71
../../lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into
../../lib/auto/Storable/_freeze.al):283
../../lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into
../../lib/auto/Storable/freeze.al):266
/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/lib/RT/Tickets_Overlay.pm:1269
/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/RTIR/Elements/SearchFields:63
/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/RTIR/Listing.html:36
/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/RTIR/autohandler:2
/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/autohandler:215
raw error

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem??? Did I make a mistake in the
Makefile?