[Rtir] WhoIS Problem

Alex Meyer apmeyer at doit.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 17 19:01:27 EDT 2005

Hello all-

After much mucking about I managed to load RT and RTIR onto Fedora
Core 4. It appears that everything is humming along nicely except for
WhoIS. I for the life of me cannot get it operational. I have edited
RT_SiteConfig.pm to reflect that I want to use atlas.xx.xx.xx:port to
run my WhoIS but the changes don't stick when I access them via the
webform. Like... the config says what I want it to say but the
website still has 'local host' and 'best practical demo' as the only
two WhoIS servers. I have even tried putting the info directly into
RTIR_Config.pm with no luck. I've been trying to read the archives
but most of the posts seem a little dated. I am running the latest
3.4 of RT and 1.1.5 of RTIR. I also want to say that if I try and do
a whois via localhost it just generates a blank WhoIS summary. I have
nothing in my log files to report either. Anyone have anything for me?

Thanks,
Alex Meyer