[Rtir] Perhaps a dumb question - is RTIR like RTFM or does it replace RT en toto?

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Sat Aug 9 11:54:00 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 6:41 PM, Neil Schwartzman
<neil.schwartzman at returnpath.net> wrote:
> We are interested in previewing RTIR, but when we downloaded the tarball,
> the readme was not clear if RTIR is and adjunct to, or a replacement of our
> existing and very operational RT system.
>
> I've ssen it referred to as an overlay – which implies the functionality of
> RT is preserved ... Or maybe not.
> http://lists.sans.org/pipermail/unisog/2005-December/025653.html
>
> Can anyone offer me a clue?

RTIR is four queues with custom workflow implemented around them and
custom interface. You still can use your RT to track things outside of
RTIR.

> Also, any experience with using RTIR with the latest versions of RT?
>
> We are about to move from RT 3.6.7 to 3.8.0; I expect THE package to use is
> RTIR_M3(Mon May 12 22:57:16 2008) rather than rtir-1.0.5.tar.gz.sig(Tue Apr
> 20 03:06:48 2004), right?

RTIR_M3 is dir where we ship everything bundled together (RT, RTIR and
RTFM) for customers. We're close to release public RTIR 2.4.0rc1 that
will be compatible and tested with RT 3.8.1. At this point I suggest
you start with upgrade to 3.8.1, at least test upgrade procedure to
3.8.1rc2.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.