[Rtir] Couldn't get an "rtirname"

Dan Fiorito danf at voyantinc.com
Wed Jun 4 12:22:02 EDT 2008

I am having a problem installing/configuring RT-IR 2.3.17. Here is the
error.

Couldn't get an "rtirname" configuration variable. This usually only
happens if you haven't sourced RTIR's default configuration file. Check
out RTIR's README for details at /opt/rt3/share/html/RTIR/Elements/Tabs
line 41.

I do have the following in /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm as specified in
the RT-IR README file.

# The RTIR config file

$RTIR_CONFIG_FILE = $RT::LocalEtcPath."/IR/RTIR_Config.pm";

require $RTIR_CONFIG_FILE
     || die ("Couldn't load RTIR config file '$RTIR_CONFIG_FILE'\n$@");

I am assuming based on RTIR_Config.pm that rtirname should be the same
as rtname. rtname while in RT is correct and works with no problems. Am
I missing something obvious?

RT 3.7.26 and RTFM 2.2.2 run fine on apache 1.3.41 with mod_perl 1 on
Centos 5.1.