[Rtir] RTIR 2.6.0 released

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Thu Nov 4 23:08:41 EDT 2010

I'm pleased to announce that RTIR 2.6.0 is now available for download.

The major change in RTIR 2.6 is improved control of custom fields in
RTIR. In earlier releases, all of RTIR's custom fields were prefixed with
'_RTIR_'.  RTIR 2.6 continues our work to move RTIR to using standard
RT APIs and extension mechanisms.  It's now easier than ever to add and
remove fields in RTIR with fewer side effects and less custom code.

This upgrade is NOT fully automated. It's very important that you
validate all custom code stored in RT's database.  You can read more
about the upgrade procedure in the "UPGRADING" document included in
the distribution.  If you already have a support contract for your RTIR
instance or are interested in picking one up, Best Practical can make
staff available to help you plan your upgrade.

RTIR 2.6 is intended for use with RT 3.8.

Information on other changes is below.

http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/RT-IR-2.6.0.tar.gz
http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/RT-IR-2.6.0.tar.gz.sig

SHA:

ff524349be9c9531fdddb918a17b604a7885c195  RT-IR-2.6.0.tar.gz
31783a9f987f60688c46b37d2f992061fdf1a0b3  RT-IR-2.6.0.tar.gz.sig

Changes:

* INCOMPATIBLE: prefix '_RTIR_' has been deleted from
 all custom fields in RTIR. See UPGRADING for upgrade
 instructions.
* INCOMPATIBLE: New option %RTIR_CustomFieldDefaults
 that replaces several $RTIR_*_default options that
 were there before, don't forget to update config.
* almost all default Custom Fields of RTIR now can be
 disabled or un-applied. Read more in Administration
 Tutorial.
* IP CF can be changed to single value
* On create with linking (a new child from an incident or a new
 incident from a child) use default values for custom fields
 from linked object
* allow to use any custom field for lookup, not only IP,
 no UI at the moment, but can be used via arguments of a URL
 in clicky actions or linked CFs
* switch SimpleSearch over to the buttonless version
* RTIR's SimpleSearch searches by IP in all queues if
 query is an IP only
* we have search in any RTIR's queue, so we need default
 search format, new entry in $RTIRSearchResultFormats
 config option
* switched over RT's style for RTIR's query builder
* RT::IR->OurQueue(...) method
* RT::IR->CustomFields(...) method
* refactored test suite for re-use in RTIR's extensions
* better described Incident input field on Create pages

--
Best regards, Ruslan.