[Rtir] Handling different clients with queues

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 1 13:52:11 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 21:44, Colin <colintempler at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Ruslan Zakirov <ruz at bestpractical.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Read documentation in the RTIR tarball about multiple constituencies.
>
> Thank you Ruslan.
> Reading through lib/RT/IR/Constituencies.pod, the correct procedure would be:
>  - create a new Incident queue for each client
>  - create a new constituency for each queue
>  - create a new group and users for each queue
> Is that correct?

Not sure, it's been a while since I touched that part.

You can find add_constituency script that comes with the tarball. Take
a look inside. I really would recommend you to try all this in a test
environment first to see if it works for you or not. It works like it
works and not very extendable because of a lot of black magic used in
the code.

We have a few customers that use this part, but we think that it's
very special solution to be used broadly. We would love to hear more
about workflows where people need this solution to understand how to
replace the magic thing with something easier to use, maintain,
customize and extend.

> Also on the documentation I don't understand this part:
> For example the following objects affect the rights users can have to
> the constituency 'EDUNET':
> Queue 'Incident Reports - EDUNET' =item * Queue 'Incidents - EDUNET'
> =item * Queue 'Inestigations - EDUNET' =item * Queue 'Blocks - EDUNET'
> =item * Group 'DutyTeam EDUNET'
> What are those '=item *' ?

It's all described in details. Experiment with the script in a test setup.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.