[Rtir] Canned Replies in RTIR 3.0.0

Jesper Skou Jensen jesper.skou.jensen at uni-c.dk
Wed Jun 27 09:14:11 EDT 2012

On 27-06-2012 11:33, Jesper Skou Jensen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to add a "Canned Replies" feature to my new RT 4.0.5/RTIR
> 3.0.0 setup, but I can't quite figure out how to do it. I hope that some
> of you can help me with it.
>
> Specifically I'm trying to add "Canned Replies" to the Investigations
> page, like when I launch an Investigation I would like to be able to use
> a template that fits the Investigation I'm about to launch.
>
> I've been following http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/CannedReplies
> but it appears that I'm missing some directories/files. I'm guessing
> that the wiki is made for older versions of RT/RTIR, and that some of
> the recent changes requires this to be in another way, or am I mistaking?

Ok ok ok...

I've now been messing around with it most of the day and have gotten a
bit further.

1. It looks like the wiki always refers to callbacks to Update.html, the
problem is that I would like to change Create.html because I would like
to use templates right away as the Investigation is launched. Is it
possible at all?

2. I have been able to make a simple text-only (with a bit of html)
callback to Create.html by editing
/usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-IR/html/Callbacks/RTIR/Ticket/Create.html/BeforeMessageBox
so that part does work.
But I can't figure out how to implement the more advanced callback from
the wiki pages. I always end up with a blank page.

Any ideas on how to get on from here?

--
Regards
Jesper Skou Jensen