[Rtir] Upgrade from RT 3.8.10 / RTIR 2.6.1 to RT 4.05 and RTIR 3.0.0 RC1 Part I / was Re: RT 4.x status

Marco Thorbruegge marco.thorbruegge at cert.europa.eu
Wed Mar 14 10:19:42 EDT 2012

Hello again,

this time it went better. :-)

This is what i did:

- import a recent dump of the RT3 database as RT4 (so there are
basically two copies of the same database, one is named rt3, the other
one is named rt4).

- did some adjustments to /opt/rt4/etc/RT_Siteconfig.pm:

Set($DatabaseType, 'mysql');
Set($DatabaseUser, '<USER>');
Set($DatabasePassword, '<PASSWORD>');
Set($DatabaseName, 'rt4');

(Use here the name of the database you want to convert, in my case rt4,
which is a 1:1 copy of rt3. The rt3 database will not be touched)

- sudo make upgrade-database

(went through smoothly)

- sudo <PATH-TO-SOURCES>/etc/upgrade/upgrade-articles

(for conversion of the RTFM articles). Worked fine.

For testing i started the standalone server; i could login with my
credentials from RT3 (as expected), and see all my tickets. I stopped
the standalone server.

Now i installed RTIR 3.0.0 RC1, by:

perl Makefile.PL
sudo make install

and added the @plugin part in RT_Siteconfig.

This went also well, and i have a working instance of RTIR 3.0.0,
upgraded from RTIR 2.6.1.

Now starting the standalone server, and i can login and again see all my
tickets, etc.

I ran into some problems; i will list them in the following email.

Cheers,
Marco