[Rtir] RT-Authen-ExternalAuth plugin issues

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Jan 25 07:14:19 EST 2013

I've set up this plugin to use LDAP authentication. However, when I
create a ticket and specify a correspondent e-mail address, it seems to
go off to LDAP to get some info about that e-mail address so it can
create a local non-priv user. But on our LDAP, searching by e-mail
address takes a long time (about 4 minutes) and eventually fails as most
of our correspondents will be aliases or mailing list addresses. Have
you seen this problem? And if so any ideas how to address this? Is there
a timeout on the query I can set somewhere? Or can I set it up to use
LDAP purely for authentication and not for looking up other attributes
of users?

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 705 344 3082
Manchester M13 9PL.                 Email: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk