[Rtir] Confirm RT version after patching

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 18 14:10:14 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:41:35AM +0200, thomas stridh wrote:
> a question, we have patched our RT installation but when I check RT version
> by browsing to Configuration it still says 3.8.8 while it should be 3.8.17

Are you patching by applying security patches or upgrading?
Security patches do *not* contain all the changes between 3.8.8 and
3.8.17 so changing the version number to 3.8.17 would be misleading.
We're discussing the best way to change version numbers to 3.8.8.x in
future security patches, but the current security patchsets do not
provide this.

-kevin