[Rtir] Bulk Reject, and SiteConfig

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 26 06:03:18 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Jesper Skou Jensen <
jesper.skou.jensen at uni-c.dk> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I would like to be able to bulk-reject spam, without RTIR changing the
> owner of the ticket.
>
> The reason for this is that I have configured my RT to send "we have
> received your mail..." semi-auto response mails whenever someone takes a
> ticket, to avoid sending auto-response to spam.
>
> At the moment I have hacked BulkReject.html and removed (out commented)
> the parts where I takes the ticket, and it seems to work just fine. BUT is
> this the correct way to do it and/or is there a better way?

I think with RTIR it's the only way.

> I would like to do something like make a small change in one of the
> /etc/request-tracker4/RT_**SiteConfig.d/ config files, to preserve my
> "hacks" if I decide to update RT/RTIR, but is that possible?

I don't think so, unless you hack RTIR to make this behaviour an option,
submit patch to us, we include it into RTIR.

If you're familiar with diff/patch commands then to simplify upgrade I
would recommend you to use patches for such things. Just keep a dir with
patches. if all paches apply on new version without troubles then you know
that you're safe to some level of safety.

git can make your live way easier.

> Regards
> Jesper

Best regards, Ruslan.