[Rtir] Odd Blocks reports

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Sat Nov 23 06:52:09 EST 2013

Peter,

I've been through the same thing. I originally had our network team
configured as admincc watchers on the blocks queue. This made sending
block requests very easy as we didn't have to put anything in the
correspondents field when creating the block.

However, the status of tickets in the blocks queue can be automatically
updated by correspondence. So I create a block in 'Activation pending'
state. Message goes off to network team who then reply. This changes the
state to 'Activated'. Similar thing happens on removal.

This does not work when the network team is configured as watchers
rather than specified as correspondents. This is because the state
change only gets done if the incoming e-mail is from one of the
requesters of the ticket.

So we took off the watchers and we now specify the network team
explicitly every time we create a block. We have to specify the members
of the team explicitly, we cannot even use their group mailing list address.

All a bit of a pain really.

Regards,
Tony.

On 22/11/13 15:19, Peter Bates wrote:

--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 705 344 3082
Manchester M13 9PL.                 Email: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk