[Rtir] Adding Constituencies without breaking what we already have setup

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 10 21:32:26 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 10:29:17AM -0700, Landon Stewart wrote:
> We have a very busy RTIR installation already in production.  We'd
> like to start handling abuse reports for another provider and though
> the Constituency system is probably the way to go.  The goal here is
> to have different templates depending on the constituency of a ticket.
> I've been reading
> https://bestpractical.com/docs/rtir/3.0/Constituencies.html among
> other things but I'm not really clear on how to get different
> templates depending on what constituency is set on the ticket for an
> Investigation.

From this section of that page

https://bestpractical.com/docs/rtir/3.0/Constituencies.html#Access-Control-ACLs
Note that templates, custom fields and scrips can still be applied to
pseudo queues, but in the current implementation these objects have no
effect on the RTIR behavior. This may be changed in the future.

> but ... How does one ensure that a different template is used per
> constituency?  Also a different From address should be used to send
> the Investigation email as well.

This can be done, use add_constituency and change the Reply Address on
the Incidents - Foo

> I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how can we
> implement constituencies to a system that's already been in operation
> and very busy for over a year?

This is what Development systems are for.  You test and get everything
ready, script what you can and then schedule downtime.

-kevin