[Rtir] RTIR 3.2.0rc1 Available for testing

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Oct 24 18:28:12 EDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 10:06:55AM +0200, Marcos Orallo wrote:
> However, I copy the command and execute it with the proper
> parameters for authentication (including the --package parameter)
> I guess it's trying to re-apply RT upgrades instead of RTIR's, and failing
> because they are already applied.
> Is there a manual database upgrade progress that I can use? Shoud I use the
> scripts in $RTIR-HOME/etc/upgrade? In that case how?

I believe you sorted this by following Jamie's instructions, but the
most common cause of this is errors with your --datadir.

> I have found that this is due to the Constituency CustomField type set to
> "Select multiple values" instead of the default "Select one value". This used
> to work in RTIR 3.0.2.
> If you reset it back to "Select one value", Edit works.

This appears to be a regression caused by fixing another bug around
losing the setting of Constituency during reloads.

However, Multiple Value Constituency has never been supported, and I
can think of a number of places that assume a single value.  It
will definitely not work at all in the next major version of RTIR
which will be removing a number of the problematic backend pieces of
Constituencies.

> Note: our constituencies are created from the web gui, not using the cli tool,
> since we don't need the advanced ACL features.

If you don't need the ACL features, why are you using the Constituency
field at all?

Your RTIR install will actually perform much better if you rename that
field to something else instead and treat it as a standard RT Custom
Field instead of one freighted with years of magical baggage.

> - When displaying Incident Report, when loading the History area:
>
> [19654] [Thu Oct 23 18:12:45 2014] [error]: Wide character in subroutine entry
> at /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-IR/html/Callbacks/RTIR/Elements
> /MakeClicky/Default line 252.

You would have seen this in 3.0.2 but you happened to have an older
verison of RT, we'll fix it there and merge up.

-kevin