[Rtir] Constituencies... I've added two but can't change the constituency of an existing Incident Report

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Sep 16 14:50:05 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 10:17:56AM -0400, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 02:48:52PM -0700, Landon Stewart wrote:
> > I've added two constituencies via local/plugins/RT-IR/etc/add_constituency
> > *and* I am a member of the DutyTeam for each.  While viewing an Incident Report
> > via RTIR/Display.html and click "Edit" I see the Constituency CF but it's name
> > "Constituency" is not bold like the other CFs.  There's no drop down at all
> > either.  The Incident Report is not linked to any tickets and has a status of
> > 'new'.
>
> If you're in one of the 'extra' Duty Teams but not in the top Duty
> Team, the contents of the Constituency dropdown are controlled by your
> OwnTicket rights.  These rights are set up by the add_constituences
> scrip.
>
> Have you modified rights after creating the constituencies?
> Go into one of your Tools->Admin->Queues->Constituency Queue and show
> the group rights for the Duty Team - Constituency group.

And to follow up on this.
Clean install of RT 4.0.22 and RTIR 3.0.2.
etc/add_constituency --name EDUNET
create a privileged user, add user to the DutyTeam EDUNET group
That user can create IRs from RTIR -> Incidents Reports -> Create
and once one exists, can click on Edit and see/edit the Constituency
field as expected.

I assume that you have local modifications or rights customizations.

-kevin