[rtir] SetIPFromContent causing duplicate messages due to lag.

Marco Ostini m.ostini at uq.edu.au
Tue Jul 21 22:01:44 EDT 2015

Hi There,

The Instance of RT/RTIT I'm referring to:

RT 4.2.11
RTIR 3.2.0

It's normal for us to receive messages with many hundreds of lines (or
more) of IP addresses. This is causing issues with the message delivery via
mail as SetIPFromContent is set for On Create (and On Correspond). Delivery
takes sufficiently long that this error in the MTA log files is generated.
It attempts delivery over and over, duplicating the entry in the queue.

... /usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue 'Incident Reports' --action correspond
--url https://nothing.useful.here/rt --ca-file
/etc/ssl/certs/ca-generica.crt R=system_aliases T=address_pipe defer (-52):
Retry time not yet reached

Is it normal for SetIPFromContent to cause high load? Should I disable it
globally in the RTIR_SiteConfig.pm?

Many thanks,
marco