[SearchBuilder-devel] New class DBIx::SearchBuilder::Table

Pete Krawczyk petek at bsod.net
Tue May 24 17:43:45 EDT 2005

Hello!

I'm working on an extension to DBIx::SearchBuilder, namely
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Table.  The goal is for it to be a drop-in object to
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Record, so that table information can be passed to
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::* without changing the structure of the
inbound calls.  It's an overloaded class such that stringification of the
object returns the table name, and in my (somewhat limited) testing, works
as expected so far.

The goal of DBIx::SearchBuilder::Table is to be flexible enough to allow
arbitrary data related to the table to be passed around.  The idea is to
allow things like custom-defined Oracle sequence names to exist, as well
as allow Oracle, Pg, Sybase and ODBC to use something other than 'id' as a
primary key.

I've noticed that there's groundwork in the module for multiple primary
keys.  My question is twofold: one, does anyone currently use these?  And
two, has anyone thought about how they'd work central to the module?  e.g.
would $sb->Load look like $sb->Load(pk1,pk2) or
$sb->Load(pk1=>$pk1,pk2=>$pk2) or...

-Pete K
--
Pete Krawczyk