[Shipwright] Error while trying to import cpan:RT::Authen::ExternalAuth

sunnavy sunnavy at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 10 20:41:56 EDT 2012

On 12-08-10 20:22, Andy Cobaugh wrote:
> On 2012-08-11 at 08:20, sunnavy ( sunnavy at bestpractical.com ) said:
> >Hi Andy
> >
> >you need a working RT environment before importing RT::authen::ExternalAuth.
> >as RT extensions usually "require"s RT.pm in their Makefile.PL
>
> So is there no way to import this into a vessel? I'm a little
> confused as to why we're invoking 'make' at all while adding this to
> the sources/ directory, order.yml, etc.

you can surely import it into a vessel source(we call it shipyard, vessel is
the one that is built from shipyard), what I was trying to say is you need a
working RT before importing to make Makefile.PL happy.

we need to run Makefile.PL to calculate the module's dependencies, as META.yml
is not always accurate.