[Shipwright] Errors when running shipwright-builder

Wenck, Samuel samuel.wenck at lmco.com
Mon Jan 30 13:10:27 EST 2012

Hello,

I am using Shipwright version 2.4.30 to build a RT4 vessel. I am using a file system based shipyard:

export SHIPWRIGHT_SHIPYARD="fs:/opt/rt_build/rt4_vessel/shipwright/yard"

IMPORT="shipwright import --log-file --log-level info"

I have no problems when I import the required RT source and CPAN modules, however when I run the builder command from the shipyard directory,  I get the following errors (only with CPAN modules not the RT source):

#./bin/shipwright-builder --install-base /opt/rt_build/rt4_vessel/shipwright/build/rt4_vessel/
building RT
building cpan-Class-Singleton
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./bin/shipwright-builder line 930.
building cpan-parent
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./bin/shipwright-builder line 930.
building cpan-Try-Tiny
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./bin/shipwright-builder line 930.
building cpan-Test-Simple
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./bin/shipwright-builder line 930.
building cpan-version
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./bin/shipwright-builder line 930.
building cpan-Module-CoreList
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./bin/shipwright-builder line 930.
building cpan-Module-Load
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./bin/shipwright-builder line 930.
building cpan-Locale-Maketext-Simple
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./bin/shipwright-builder line 930.
building cpan-Params-Check
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./bin/shipwright-builder line 930.
building cpan-Module-Load-Conditional
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./bin/shipwright-builder line 930.
building cpan-IPC-Cmd
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./bin/shipwright-builder line 930.
building cpan-PathTools
(lengthy output removed...)

install finished, the dists are at /opt/rt_build/rt4_vessel/shipwright/build/rt4_vessel

The builder seems to complete successfully but it seems that the error might be related to a missing 'branches' attribute for CPAN modules in the shipyard:

# shipwright list
RT:
    version:
        vendor: 4.0.4
    from:
        vendor: file:/opt/rt_build/rt4_vessel/shipwright/build//rt-4.0.4.tar.gz
    references: 0
    branches: vendor

cpan-Attribute-Handlers:
    version: 0.93
    from: CPAN
    references: 1
cpan-CPAN-Meta:
    version: 2.112621
    from: CPAN
    references: 1
cpan-CPAN-Meta-YAML:
    version: 0.005
    from: CPAN
    references: 2

Should I just ignore this error or is there something I can do to eliminate it?

Thanks in advance, Sam