[svk-devel] Multiple rev checkout of same branch (trunk)

Mark Grimes mark at stateful.net
Wed Dec 20 17:18:09 EST 2006

Ok I have a problem with checking out multiple copies of the same branch
(in this case, the mainline branch or trunk).  My daily working copy
tracking HEAD is in /Code/abcd, but it is refusing to let me checkout
another copy of trunk at a different rev in another directory.  It fails
to recognize that it is a valid depot and tries to interpret the
DEPOTNAME as a PATH.

(mark at entropy ~/tmp) svk -v
This is svk, version 1.99_04 (using Subversion bindings 1.4.2)
.. latest and greatest svn+svk snapshot ...
(I am tracking snapshots only because I haven't migrated my cut of the
svk2 macport over to automating trunk builds just yet.)

(mark at entropy ~/tmp) svk cat -r2 /abcd/trunk/install.sh | less
(mark at entropy ~/tmp) svk co -r2 /abcd/
(mark at entropy ~/tmp) svk depot --list | grep abcd
/abcd/                  /svk/abcd
(mark at entropy ~/tmp) svk co --list | grep abcd
  /abcd/trunk                           /Code/abcd
(mark at entropy ~/tmp) svk log -r2 /abcd/trunk
r2:  mark | 2006-08-03 01:16:35 -0700

initial import
(mark at entropy ~/tmp) svk co -r2 /abcd/trunk abcd
Path /abcd/trunk does not exist.
(mark at entropy ~/tmp)

Yet the failure to complete this checkout still populates the checkout
list like it actually worked, but it does not create the working copy.