[svk-devel] More bogus conflicts with merging and pushing

Nelson Elhage nelhage at bestpractical.com
Tue Dec 26 01:13:08 EST 2006

svk gave me some bogus conflicts trying to push changes merged from a
local branch today. As best as I can remember, the series of events was:

I have //mirror/d-o-h
svk cp //mirror/d-o-h //local/d-o-h
co and hack on the local branch for a while
scp cp //local/d-o-h/trunk //branches/d-o-h/filter
co and hack on that branch for a while
svk smerge //branches/d-o-h/filter //local/d-o-h/trunk
Hack on that branch some more
svk smerge //branches/d-o-h/filter //local/d-o-h/trunk

Then svk push in the working directory for //local/d-o-h/trunk
generated bogus conflicts and reverted and then unreverted
changes in the commit

At this point, svk push -l worked without any further problems.

This is svk, version 1.99_04 (using Subversion bindings 1.3.2)

Jesse asked that I write this up and send it along. Let me know if I can
provide any more useful information. I was the only person making
commits to the remote repository during this entire chain of events.

- Nelson