[svk-devel] Issue with pushing back to a mirror with a directory copied from a different mirror

Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp sterling at hanenkamp.com
Wed Aug 8 18:06:05 EDT 2007

clkao,

I discussed this briefly with Jesse on #svk the other day and he said that I
should send it here for you to consider.

Basically, this started when I ran:

[11:38] andrew at riddle Metrics% svk push
Auto-merging (8362, 8395) /metrics/trunk/Metrics to
/mirrors/metrics/trunk/Metrics (base /metrics/trunk/Metrics:8362).
===> Auto-merging (8362, 8363) /metrics/trunk/Metrics to
/mirrors/metrics/trunk/Metrics (base /metrics/trunk/Metrics:8362).
Merging back to mirror source https://secret/path/btc-metrics.
HTTP Path Not Found: The path was not part of a repository: PROPFIND request
failed on '/': '/' path not found

Now, flashback to what I did.

I have two repositories that I have mirrored:

//mirrors/metrics -> https://secret/path/btc-metrics
//mirrors/jifty -> http://svn.jifty.org/svn/jifty.org/jifty

I then created two local copies of those repositories to work on:

svk cp //mirrors/metrics //metrics
svk cp //mirrors/jifty //jifty

I then checked out from the Metrics project:

svk co //mirrors/metrics/trunk/Metrics

I've been working on a charting plugin for Jifty and wanted to test my work
on my current project and then merge back the changes, so in the Metrics
directory I ran:

svk mkdir lib/Jifty
svk mkdir lib/Jifty/Plugin
svk co
svk cp //jifty/trunk/lib/Jifty/Plugin/Chart
//metrics/trunk/Metrics/lib/Jifty/Plugin

I've done some work here and smerged back and forth since. I've gotten my
work ready to commit back to the central trunk from my local workstation
copy, so I ran:

svk push

This ran fine up until it reached the revision containing the initial copy
from //jifty/trunk/lib/Jifty/Plugin/Chart. At that point, it returns the
error I pasted above.

I haven't gotten much farther than that.

I am considering trying this tomorrow morning unless I get another
suggestion here:

   1. Deleting lib/Jifty/Plugin/Chart now that I don't really need it and
   then attempting to do a svk push -l (which should, afaik, completely skip
   over the broken pieces of the smerge).
   2. Just dumping the changes from that point forward into a patch that
   I can apply to the subversion repository and then just wax my local branch
   and create a fresh one.

Anyway, I thought you might like to know about this issue and see if there
was a clean way out.

Cheers,
Andrew