[svk-devel] win32 pool issues and pipelining

Chia-Liang Kao clkao at clkao.org
Sat Jan 6 13:38:07 EST 2007

On 30/12/06, David Golden <xdaveg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just now got SVK 2.0 built from source on Strawberry Perl.  I posted
> instructions on the wiki:
>
> http://svk.bestpractical.com/view/BuildingFromSourceOnStrawberryPerl

Thanks David, this works really great!

One thing you might have some clues - if you enable pipelining on
win32 (look for IS_WIN32 in SVK::Mirror::Backend::SVNRa), it segfaults
with "free to wrong pool".
I traced this down to perl's fork() on win32 and apr pool hating each
other.  I am assuming the pseudo-process that fork() is using on win32
are stepping on each other when we are doing our own memory management
via apr pools...

Cheers,
CLK