[svk-devel] SVN mirroring with different credentials

Andrew Ruder andy at aeruder.net
Thu Jan 25 08:48:47 EST 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 02:40:55PM +0200, Alexandru Popescu wrote:

> I know, but where are those credentials comming from?
>
> This is the normal cycle, so I am not sure where those credential
> would get introduced:
>
> svk mirror
> svk sync
> svk copy
> svk checkout
> svk update
> svk commit
>
> No way to pass them the credentials. Or... I am just missing something
> - which I hope is the case.

When I said using subversions credentials, I meant just that -- In the
.subversion/ directory.  So if you use the actual svn client and get
*it* to cache the credentials (which is pretty straight forward, I think
it does it by default), then when you commit to a remote repository with
svk, it will use svn's cached credentials.

- Andy

P.S. This setup *does* work, my sourceforge creds are different than my
system's too. :)

--
Andrew Ruder <andy at aeruder.net>
http://www.aeruder.net