[svk-devel] How to find out if a file (or dir) is under SVK control?

G. Milde milde at users.sf.net
Fri Jul 27 08:14:07 EDT 2007

Dear SVK developers,

I'd like to add SVK to the VC systems supported by the `vc-mode`_ of
the Jed_ programmers editor.
The mode is implemented in Jed's extension language S-Lang. Currently,
CVS and SVN are supported.

To add SVK support, I need to find out whether a specified file or
directory is under version control with SVK.

Currently,

* For directories I check the presence of a "CVS" or ".svn" subdir.
* For files, it looks for a pattern containing the file in the
  "CVS/Entries" or ".svn/entries" file.

For fast response, I would prefer looking for patterns in a given file
(under ~/.svk) over calling an svk command.

What would I have to look for (and where)?

Thanks,

Guenter Milde

.. _vc-mode: http://jedmodes.sf.net/mode/svn/
.. _Jed: http://www.jedsoft.org/jed/